Parent perception of schools are greatly influenced by a variety of factors. The media often portrays education in a negative light which often colors the way parents work with schools. The school I currently work at has many challenges but I believe that we are making inroads towards improvement; some of the improvements, however, are made in spite of parent/community negative attitude instead of a helpful and positive attitude as seen in some schools. I firmly believe that parents and community can make a difference; but the question is, in what directions. Groups that are interested in only being critical make the environment of a school more difficult as opposed to groups who work with the school to address the problems. No one is advocating putting thier head in the sand, instead what we need to do is work together to improve student achievement.
Education Related FeedMy Tweets
- Hearing from Tara Henriquez about the @PasadenaGov Office of the Young Child. Collecting data about young children… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 16 hours ago
- #ff : EdSource We think we have different "learning styles" because we prefer words or pictures, but that preferenc… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- RT @JonesSawyer59: My bill AB 2825 took one step closer to adding protections for individuals who are subject to un… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- Hearing about @pasadenalibrary budget and @PasadenaGov $3.5 million gap. What's important to you in the library? https://t.co/M4wSAn3021 1 day ago
- Hearing from Senior Librarian at La Pintoresca Melvin Racelis about programs, partners, and search for volunteers… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago