Parent perception of schools are greatly influenced by a variety of factors. The media often portrays education in a negative light which often colors the way parents work with schools. The school I currently work at has many challenges but I believe that we are making inroads towards improvement; some of the improvements, however, are made in spite of parent/community negative attitude instead of a helpful and positive attitude as seen in some schools. I firmly believe that parents and community can make a difference; but the question is, in what directions. Groups that are interested in only being critical make the environment of a school more difficult as opposed to groups who work with the school to address the problems. No one is advocating putting thier head in the sand, instead what we need to do is work together to improve student achievement.
Education Related FeedMy Tweets
- RT @islamicfreedom: Say: LA ILAHA ILALLAH. RETWEET 1 day ago
- RT @LACDevAuthority: ❗️Applications for the LA County CARES Act Childcare Grant Program are due by tomorrow, Friday… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- RT @islamicfreedom: Ya Allah, I seek refuge in You from a sadness that silently consumes me. 3 days ago
- RT @JenAshleyWright: Imagine if Republicans had moved on COVID as quickly as they're moving to replace RBG. 3 days ago
- RT @cindymccain: My husband John lived by a code: country first. We are Republicans, yes, but Americans foremost. There's only one candidat… 3 days ago