Parent perception of schools are greatly influenced by a variety of factors. The media often portrays education in a negative light which often colors the way parents work with schools. The school I currently work at has many challenges but I believe that we are making inroads towards improvement; some of the improvements, however, are made in spite of parent/community negative attitude instead of a helpful and positive attitude as seen in some schools. I firmly believe that parents and community can make a difference; but the question is, in what directions. Groups that are interested in only being critical make the environment of a school more difficult as opposed to groups who work with the school to address the problems. No one is advocating putting thier head in the sand, instead what we need to do is work together to improve student achievement.
Education Related FeedMy Tweets
- The show is tomorrow! Hope to see you at 7 pm! @ Playa Las Tunas Restaurante instagram.com/p/B3tAcb8AK1A/… 23 hours ago
- A canvassing of Latino leaders, activists and residents reveals excitement about ... ow.ly/knnV30pJlrm 1 day ago
- Pasadena Unified will be holding a town hall-style community meeting on Thursday, Oct. 17 for parents to ask questi… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- RT @HollyJMitchell: For the first time in the history of California today is officially #IndigenousPeoplesDay. It's important that we learn… 2 days ago
- Calling for explanations and resignations, more than 100 parents and community members jammed into a tight classroo… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 days ago