Parent perception of schools are greatly influenced by a variety of factors. The media often portrays education in a negative light which often colors the way parents work with schools. The school I currently work at has many challenges but I believe that we are making inroads towards improvement; some of the improvements, however, are made in spite of parent/community negative attitude instead of a helpful and positive attitude as seen in some schools. I firmly believe that parents and community can make a difference; but the question is, in what directions. Groups that are interested in only being critical make the environment of a school more difficult as opposed to groups who work with the school to address the problems. No one is advocating putting thier head in the sand, instead what we need to do is work together to improve student achievement.
Education Related FeedMy Tweets
- RT @discoverLA: Did you know @westworldhbo is partially shot in L.A. The badlands pictured in Episode Four are part… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 13 hours ago
- KFC's New 3-Letter Apology For Its Lack of Chicken Shows Immense Emotional Intelligence | Inc.com ow.ly/iKsb30iA2Wg 16 hours ago
- MT @educare_fdn: On Feb.16th, 290 EduCare students, from RFK Community School traveled to @anoisewithin for a rendi… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 19 hours ago
- New @pasadenalibrary llibrarians for #LaManda and #LaPintoresca https://t.co/d16G4a2rd7 2 days ago
- Preciuos Jackson @pasadenalibrary helps the homeless find housing and support. https://t.co/wncrSNXplu 2 days ago