Parent perception of schools are greatly influenced by a variety of factors. The media often portrays education in a negative light which often colors the way parents work with schools. The school I currently work at has many challenges but I believe that we are making inroads towards improvement; some of the improvements, however, are made in spite of parent/community negative attitude instead of a helpful and positive attitude as seen in some schools. I firmly believe that parents and community can make a difference; but the question is, in what directions. Groups that are interested in only being critical make the environment of a school more difficult as opposed to groups who work with the school to address the problems. No one is advocating putting thier head in the sand, instead what we need to do is work together to improve student achievement.
Education Related FeedMy Tweets
- @RBReich History will look back and shake it's head at the systemic racism. 18 hours ago
- RT @RBReich: So let me get this straight: Black Lives Matter protesters are tear gassed for protesting the murder of George Floyd, but MAGA… 19 hours ago
- @kingphish1977 @Hoosiers1986 @JoeBiden @Twitter He's not lying because he can actually cite Trump advocating this... 19 hours ago
- RT @JoeBiden: We’re in the middle of a global pandemic — and not only is Donald Trump preventing people from getting the health insurance t… 19 hours ago
- RT @islamicfreedom: Just because you can’t be perfect, doesn’t mean you shouldn’t try to be better. Better is possible. 19 hours ago