Parent perception of schools are greatly influenced by a variety of factors. The media often portrays education in a negative light which often colors the way parents work with schools. The school I currently work at has many challenges but I believe that we are making inroads towards improvement; some of the improvements, however, are made in spite of parent/community negative attitude instead of a helpful and positive attitude as seen in some schools. I firmly believe that parents and community can make a difference; but the question is, in what directions. Groups that are interested in only being critical make the environment of a school more difficult as opposed to groups who work with the school to address the problems. No one is advocating putting thier head in the sand, instead what we need to do is work together to improve student achievement.
Education Related FeedMy Tweets
- The luau will be held at 4 p.m. on Sept. 29 at the Elks Lodge, 27 W. Huntington Drive in Arcadia. It will feature a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 hours ago
- MT @RepRaulGrijalva: One year and 3000 deaths later, #PuertoRico is still reeling from #HurricaneMaria. Now is the… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago
- RT @AlexPadilla4CA: 3,000 lives lost to Hurricane Maria should be mourned, not mocked. Trump should be ashamed of h… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
- #ff : caselorg Education Week: Projections of winners and losers in the new federal education budget. SEL is a pote… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
- RT @senricardolara: TRUE: "In the eternal tug-of-war between LA and NYC for 'best coast' status, Los Angeles has a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago