Parent perception of schools are greatly influenced by a variety of factors. The media often portrays education in a negative light which often colors the way parents work with schools. The school I currently work at has many challenges but I believe that we are making inroads towards improvement; some of the improvements, however, are made in spite of parent/community negative attitude instead of a helpful and positive attitude as seen in some schools. I firmly believe that parents and community can make a difference; but the question is, in what directions. Groups that are interested in only being critical make the environment of a school more difficult as opposed to groups who work with the school to address the problems. No one is advocating putting thier head in the sand, instead what we need to do is work together to improve student achievement.
Education Related FeedMy Tweets
- RT @amyklobuchar: Being able to afford the prescription drugs you need to stay alive is not a luxury. It’s a necessity. 5 hours ago
- RT @zacnaoum: Your D12s getting packed up after an entire session never using them #dnd https://t.co/99RUZShoTe 2 days ago
- RT @IlhanMN: My heart is with the students of Oxford High School and the people of Michigan. We have to create a country where our kids c… 2 days ago
- RT @emma_collis: The real #dnd prep is cleaning your house so your players don't know you live like this 😆 2 days ago
- RT @DefaultCredent1: @2xproficiency My girlfriend said to me on a day I had to work “Don’t worry about getting Fizban’s treasury of dragons… 5 days ago