Parent perception of schools are greatly influenced by a variety of factors. The media often portrays education in a negative light which often colors the way parents work with schools. The school I currently work at has many challenges but I believe that we are making inroads towards improvement; some of the improvements, however, are made in spite of parent/community negative attitude instead of a helpful and positive attitude as seen in some schools. I firmly believe that parents and community can make a difference; but the question is, in what directions. Groups that are interested in only being critical make the environment of a school more difficult as opposed to groups who work with the school to address the problems. No one is advocating putting thier head in the sand, instead what we need to do is work together to improve student achievement.
Education Related FeedMy Tweets
- Event with author Michael Connelly The Night Fire Book Tour – Pasadena, California 285 East Walnut Street, Pasaden… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 hours ago
- The request would allow the United States to ship Honduran and Salvadoran asylum seekers to other countries. ow.ly/Sqip30porG7 1 day ago
- Court: US can reject asylum along parts of Mexico border ow.ly/5rQS30pnHaF 3 days ago
- MT @AGBecerra: The constitution is clear: everyone counts, regardless of citizenship status. Alabama’s attempt to e… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Get you r#RustedMetal merch! instagram.com/p/B09xLIDAFxN/… 1 week ago