Parent perception of schools are greatly influenced by a variety of factors. The media often portrays education in a negative light which often colors the way parents work with schools. The school I currently work at has many challenges but I believe that we are making inroads towards improvement; some of the improvements, however, are made in spite of parent/community negative attitude instead of a helpful and positive attitude as seen in some schools. I firmly believe that parents and community can make a difference; but the question is, in what directions. Groups that are interested in only being critical make the environment of a school more difficult as opposed to groups who work with the school to address the problems. No one is advocating putting thier head in the sand, instead what we need to do is work together to improve student achievement.
Education Related FeedMy Tweets
- RT @Connecting_U: Find a job you like and you add five days to every week. -H. Jackson Brown 13 hours ago
- ..to show the world that Muslim women are varied, not just one-dimensional beings, as often depicted and stereotyped ow.ly/NgTD30euxaN 14 hours ago
- MT @BTBLA: @LASchools EMPLOYEES 2 for 1 deal at Chipotle Mexican Grill, 8/22/17 Must present LAUSD ID or Staff shirt https://t.co/ErCDXYt1ae 16 hours ago
- RT @KPCC: Check out the massive, new USC Village opening today, complete with a Hogwarts-like dining hall and Trader Joe's. https://t.co/qr… 22 hours ago
- RT @InsideUSC: Maybe someone can also perform kicking duties for the football team #USC twitter.com/pac12/status/8… 2 days ago