Parent perception of schools are greatly influenced by a variety of factors. The media often portrays education in a negative light which often colors the way parents work with schools. The school I currently work at has many challenges but I believe that we are making inroads towards improvement; some of the improvements, however, are made in spite of parent/community negative attitude instead of a helpful and positive attitude as seen in some schools. I firmly believe that parents and community can make a difference; but the question is, in what directions. Groups that are interested in only being critical make the environment of a school more difficult as opposed to groups who work with the school to address the problems. No one is advocating putting thier head in the sand, instead what we need to do is work together to improve student achievement.
Education Related FeedMy Tweets
- Significant cut to Medicaid, cutting funds for our most vulnerable students. ow.ly/V04t30cOIzD 18 hours ago
- Hearing from Librarian Mike Shea about @PasadenaPublicLibrary San Rafael https://t.co/Aifj0NV1wo 1 day ago
- RT @TheIslamicUmmah: #Fajr is a blessed time, when the believers are not asleep dreaming of success, but awake seeking success #HayaAlaFalah 1 day ago
- RT @TheIslamicUmmah: Allah is Sufficient for us, and He is the Best Disposer of affairs 1 day ago
- RT @LAPublicLibrary: According to new Pew Research Center survey data, millennials are the most likely generation to use public libraries:h… 1 day ago