Parent perception of schools are greatly influenced by a variety of factors. The media often portrays education in a negative light which often colors the way parents work with schools. The school I currently work at has many challenges but I believe that we are making inroads towards improvement; some of the improvements, however, are made in spite of parent/community negative attitude instead of a helpful and positive attitude as seen in some schools. I firmly believe that parents and community can make a difference; but the question is, in what directions. Groups that are interested in only being critical make the environment of a school more difficult as opposed to groups who work with the school to address the problems. No one is advocating putting thier head in the sand, instead what we need to do is work together to improve student achievement.
Education Related FeedMy Tweets
- Just posted a photo instagram.com/p/Byye-tiArkj/… 2 days ago
- #ff : Getting_Smart “Students are learning to value collective effort and knowledge of the group instead of relying… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago
- RT @dggraphix2018: #bpoe #elks https://t.co/3ir90y1Tbo 5 days ago
- What kind of succulent is this? I received it a couple of years ago. All I do is water it. Should I stake it or let… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
- #ff : drbruceellis How to Create #QR Kids buff.ly/2X90d6w #students #edAdmin #edTech #maker #mlearning… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago