The January/February 2011 Leadership magazine from ACSA if full of great articles. There are a couple of articles on “linked learning” i.e., connecting academic content to the “real world”. The idea is that linked learning will make education more relevant to students. I sometime feel ambivalent about this idea. I’ve personally seen/heard this turn into student tracking. I always cringe when people say “not all kids go to college” because those kids that don’t go to college have historically been kids of color. As long as linked learning links to college, I’m all for it.
Education Related FeedMy Tweets
- Check out our show October 17th, bit.ly/RM17Oct19 #RustedMetal @ Playa Las Tunas Restaurante instagram.com/p/B2aZmzCA1Wd/… 19 hours ago
- RT @AlexPadilla4CA: Happy birthday, California! Today, we celebrate #AdmissionDay -- the day California became the… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
- RT @MOVE_texas: In Texas, Voter Registrations laws are "so restrictive that the kind of country-wide registration d… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
- RT @DeanburnPS_P5M: We had a lovely relaxing time in the library this afternoon - choosing books, reading and shari… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- MT @vromans: Hey young readers! The 2019 Young Readers League book pick is #TheParkerInheritance by @varianjohnson.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago