The January/February 2011 Leadership magazine from ACSA if full of great articles. There are a couple of articles on “linked learning” i.e., connecting academic content to the “real world”. The idea is that linked learning will make education more relevant to students. I sometime feel ambivalent about this idea. I’ve personally seen/heard this turn into student tracking. I always cringe when people say “not all kids go to college” because those kids that don’t go to college have historically been kids of color. As long as linked learning links to college, I’m all for it.
Education Related FeedMy Tweets
- President Donald Trump's administration forces asylum seekers to wait in Mexican cities before they can start the a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 18 hours ago
- #ff : fightfor15 BREAKING: Six years after the first #FightFor15 strike, the U.S. House just passed the… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago
- RT @LACountyLibrary: In celebration of the 50th anniversary of the first Moon landing, these children’s books are a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago
- #ff : edpolicyinca Calif school Super @TonyThurmond releases 1st-ever data on where public HS grads attend college.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
- Most Migrants at Border With Mexico Would Be Denied Asylum Protections Under New Trump Rule - The New York Times ow.ly/v64R30p8TfP 6 days ago