The January/February 2011 Leadership magazine from ACSA if full of great articles. There are a couple of articles on “linked learning” i.e., connecting academic content to the “real world”. The idea is that linked learning will make education more relevant to students. I sometime feel ambivalent about this idea. I’ve personally seen/heard this turn into student tracking. I always cringe when people say “not all kids go to college” because those kids that don’t go to college have historically been kids of color. As long as linked learning links to college, I’m all for it.
Education Related FeedMy Tweets
- Hearing from Tara Henriquez about the @PasadenaGov Office of the Young Child. Collecting data about young children… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 16 hours ago
- #ff : EdSource We think we have different "learning styles" because we prefer words or pictures, but that preferenc… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- RT @JonesSawyer59: My bill AB 2825 took one step closer to adding protections for individuals who are subject to un… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- Hearing about @pasadenalibrary budget and @PasadenaGov $3.5 million gap. What's important to you in the library? https://t.co/M4wSAn3021 1 day ago
- Hearing from Senior Librarian at La Pintoresca Melvin Racelis about programs, partners, and search for volunteers… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago