The January/February 2011 Leadership magazine from ACSA if full of great articles. There are a couple of articles on “linked learning” i.e., connecting academic content to the “real world”. The idea is that linked learning will make education more relevant to students. I sometime feel ambivalent about this idea. I’ve personally seen/heard this turn into student tracking. I always cringe when people say “not all kids go to college” because those kids that don’t go to college have historically been kids of color. As long as linked learning links to college, I’m all for it.
Education Related FeedMy Tweets
- The luau will be held at 4 p.m. on Sept. 29 at the Elks Lodge, 27 W. Huntington Drive in Arcadia. It will feature a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 hours ago
- MT @RepRaulGrijalva: One year and 3000 deaths later, #PuertoRico is still reeling from #HurricaneMaria. Now is the… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago
- RT @AlexPadilla4CA: 3,000 lives lost to Hurricane Maria should be mourned, not mocked. Trump should be ashamed of h… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
- #ff : caselorg Education Week: Projections of winners and losers in the new federal education budget. SEL is a pote… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
- RT @senricardolara: TRUE: "In the eternal tug-of-war between LA and NYC for 'best coast' status, Los Angeles has a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago