What is the purpose of school? I’ve thought about this question for several years. Gene Carter suggest that it’s to prepare for the new global economy. Dewey had his purpose, Plato had his but I don’t think the purpose of school is quite that transitory that it changes from one person, one century, one epoch to another. I think school and education in general is to support people, of any age, to become self actualized. School is not where you go to do something as base as to learn a skill for someone else to exploit or a place where state nationalism is implanted. School is a place where you find, develop, and become your passion.
Education Related FeedMy Tweets
- RT @JohnYarmuth: I served with Ilhan Omar and spoke to her about her attitude about Jews and Israel. As a Jew, I’m convinced she is not ant… 3 days ago
- RT @IlhanMN: As the only African born, not being on the Africa subcommittee is not just an elimination of a unique voice but an elimination… 1 week ago
- RT @ewarren: If Republicans hadn’t spent nearly $2 trillion on the Trump tax cuts, and if they hadn’t made it easier for rich people to che… 1 week ago
- RT @SenWarren: Does this sound fair? MAGA Republicans have a "fair" tax plan to hit American families with a 30% national sales tax on ever… 2 weeks ago
- RT @RitchieTorres: As the former Vice Chair of the House Homeland Security Committee, I’m HORRIFIED that it was just announced that Marjori… 2 weeks ago