My District is having conversations regarding homework. In 21st Century Skills Bellanca and Brandt quote a MetLife survey asserting that secondary teachers assigned homework because they ran out of time in class. Last week a local paper quoted parents saying “children had been given assignments on lessons they hadn’t yet learned or that had nothing to do with what was being taught in the classroom. Others complained that they didn’t have time after getting home from work to review homework or didn’t know enough about the subject to know if the assignment is right or wrong.” As we move towards preparing students to work in the 21st century, lets make sure it’s not 21st century busy work.
Education Related FeedMy Tweets
- RT @JohnYarmuth: I served with Ilhan Omar and spoke to her about her attitude about Jews and Israel. As a Jew, I’m convinced she is not ant… 3 days ago
- RT @IlhanMN: As the only African born, not being on the Africa subcommittee is not just an elimination of a unique voice but an elimination… 1 week ago
- RT @ewarren: If Republicans hadn’t spent nearly $2 trillion on the Trump tax cuts, and if they hadn’t made it easier for rich people to che… 1 week ago
- RT @SenWarren: Does this sound fair? MAGA Republicans have a "fair" tax plan to hit American families with a 30% national sales tax on ever… 2 weeks ago
- RT @RitchieTorres: As the former Vice Chair of the House Homeland Security Committee, I’m HORRIFIED that it was just announced that Marjori… 2 weeks ago