Faculty meetings are rituals at every school. As an administrator I learned that many of the topics were compliance driven and few were driven by school based needed. The Flipped Faculty Meeting – Finding Common Ground – Education Week proposes and interesting idea in trying to make faculty meeting more productive from an instructional point of view. Don’t get me wrong: many of the compliance issues are important and include topics such as what to do if you suspect child abuse to issues and emergency procedures. The problem becomes when this is all your faculty meeting become. The opportunity to bring all your educator colleagues together all at once should be seen as magical moments that needs to be captured and maximized in as many ways as possible.
Education Related FeedMy Tweets
- @MTBlack2567 I've wondered about the single column formatting and this explains it. I don't care for it but at leas… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 hours ago
- RT @MrJonCryer: Wearing body armor to protect themselves from… drag queens? 3 hours ago
- @MTBlack2567 Exorcist. He called himself Mr. Happy at first... 2 days ago
- RT @CivicRafa: We truly appreciate your support in bringing the global performing arts & memorable experiences to the people of LA! 4 days ago
- RT @_Nick_Diller: Yo wtf...just saw a stat that said only 30-50% of people have an internal dialogue. There's really 50%+ of the populatio… 1 week ago