Faculty meetings are rituals at every school. As an administrator I learned that many of the topics were compliance driven and few were driven by school based needed. The Flipped Faculty Meeting – Finding Common Ground – Education Week proposes and interesting idea in trying to make faculty meeting more productive from an instructional point of view. Don’t get me wrong: many of the compliance issues are important and include topics such as what to do if you suspect child abuse to issues and emergency procedures. The problem becomes when this is all your faculty meeting become. The opportunity to bring all your educator colleagues together all at once should be seen as magical moments that needs to be captured and maximized in as many ways as possible.
Education Related FeedMy Tweets
- RT @discoverLA: Did you know @westworldhbo is partially shot in L.A. The badlands pictured in Episode Four are part… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 13 hours ago
- KFC's New 3-Letter Apology For Its Lack of Chicken Shows Immense Emotional Intelligence | Inc.com ow.ly/iKsb30iA2Wg 16 hours ago
- MT @educare_fdn: On Feb.16th, 290 EduCare students, from RFK Community School traveled to @anoisewithin for a rendi… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 19 hours ago
- New @pasadenalibrary llibrarians for #LaManda and #LaPintoresca https://t.co/d16G4a2rd7 2 days ago
- Preciuos Jackson @pasadenalibrary helps the homeless find housing and support. https://t.co/wncrSNXplu 2 days ago