Faculty meetings are rituals at every school. As an administrator I learned that many of the topics were compliance driven and few were driven by school based needed. The Flipped Faculty Meeting – Finding Common Ground – Education Week proposes and interesting idea in trying to make faculty meeting more productive from an instructional point of view. Don’t get me wrong: many of the compliance issues are important and include topics such as what to do if you suspect child abuse to issues and emergency procedures. The problem becomes when this is all your faculty meeting become. The opportunity to bring all your educator colleagues together all at once should be seen as magical moments that needs to be captured and maximized in as many ways as possible.
Education Related FeedMy Tweets
- The show is tomorrow! Hope to see you at 7 pm! @ Playa Las Tunas Restaurante instagram.com/p/B3tAcb8AK1A/… 23 hours ago
- A canvassing of Latino leaders, activists and residents reveals excitement about ... ow.ly/knnV30pJlrm 1 day ago
- Pasadena Unified will be holding a town hall-style community meeting on Thursday, Oct. 17 for parents to ask questi… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- RT @HollyJMitchell: For the first time in the history of California today is officially #IndigenousPeoplesDay. It's important that we learn… 2 days ago
- Calling for explanations and resignations, more than 100 parents and community members jammed into a tight classroo… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 days ago