Faculty meetings are rituals at every school. As an administrator I learned that many of the topics were compliance driven and few were driven by school based needed. The Flipped Faculty Meeting – Finding Common Ground – Education Week proposes and interesting idea in trying to make faculty meeting more productive from an instructional point of view. Don’t get me wrong: many of the compliance issues are important and include topics such as what to do if you suspect child abuse to issues and emergency procedures. The problem becomes when this is all your faculty meeting become. The opportunity to bring all your educator colleagues together all at once should be seen as magical moments that needs to be captured and maximized in as many ways as possible.
Education Related FeedMy Tweets
- RT @amyklobuchar: Being able to afford the prescription drugs you need to stay alive is not a luxury. It’s a necessity. 6 hours ago
- RT @zacnaoum: Your D12s getting packed up after an entire session never using them #dnd https://t.co/99RUZShoTe 2 days ago
- RT @IlhanMN: My heart is with the students of Oxford High School and the people of Michigan. We have to create a country where our kids c… 2 days ago
- RT @emma_collis: The real #dnd prep is cleaning your house so your players don't know you live like this 😆 2 days ago
- RT @DefaultCredent1: @2xproficiency My girlfriend said to me on a day I had to work “Don’t worry about getting Fizban’s treasury of dragons… 5 days ago