Faculty meetings are rituals at every school. As an administrator I learned that many of the topics were compliance driven and few were driven by school based needed. The Flipped Faculty Meeting – Finding Common Ground – Education Week proposes and interesting idea in trying to make faculty meeting more productive from an instructional point of view. Don’t get me wrong: many of the compliance issues are important and include topics such as what to do if you suspect child abuse to issues and emergency procedures. The problem becomes when this is all your faculty meeting become. The opportunity to bring all your educator colleagues together all at once should be seen as magical moments that needs to be captured and maximized in as many ways as possible.
Education Related FeedMy Tweets
- MT @smithsonian: Bring #HipHopHistory to a global audience: Smithsonian Anthology of Hip-Hop and Rap on Kickstarter: kck.st/2ygCZC0 1 hour ago
- The Friends of the Library supports @pasadenalibrary but it needs your support! 4 hours ago
- Office of the Young Child for @PasadenaGov is looking at creating a Childhood Hub with @pasadenalibrary . 7 hours ago
- The @pasadenalibrary #Hastings is hosting a STEAM wvwnt this weekend. 21 hours ago
- It’s natl Friends of the Library week! 21 hours ago