Faculty meetings are rituals at every school. As an administrator I learned that many of the topics were compliance driven and few were driven by school based needed. The Flipped Faculty Meeting – Finding Common Ground – Education Week proposes and interesting idea in trying to make faculty meeting more productive from an instructional point of view. Don’t get me wrong: many of the compliance issues are important and include topics such as what to do if you suspect child abuse to issues and emergency procedures. The problem becomes when this is all your faculty meeting become. The opportunity to bring all your educator colleagues together all at once should be seen as magical moments that needs to be captured and maximized in as many ways as possible.
Education Related FeedMy Tweets
- Significant cut to Medicaid, cutting funds for our most vulnerable students. ow.ly/V04t30cOIzD 18 hours ago
- Hearing from Librarian Mike Shea about @PasadenaPublicLibrary San Rafael https://t.co/Aifj0NV1wo 1 day ago
- RT @TheIslamicUmmah: #Fajr is a blessed time, when the believers are not asleep dreaming of success, but awake seeking success #HayaAlaFalah 1 day ago
- RT @TheIslamicUmmah: Allah is Sufficient for us, and He is the Best Disposer of affairs 1 day ago
- RT @LAPublicLibrary: According to new Pew Research Center survey data, millennials are the most likely generation to use public libraries:h… 1 day ago