The use of social media in schools should be greatly expanded. I know there are privacy issues because students are involved but those can be addressed. For example, I would love if every school had their own twitter account that was an extension of the school districts’ twitter account. For example, @District and @District_School. Whenever one tweeted the others would retweet. The sharing of information would be exponential! Imagine an @district tweet about upcoming open house dates which all the @District_School accounts would retweet. It would instantly increase the breadth and depth of the message. And if @District_School could advocate for parents of the school to follow, then the message goes even deeper into the community which is part of what we want between schools and the community. The relationship would also work in the other direction. For example, let’s say @district_school was having a local production of a play. @district_school could tweet it and @District would retweet; increasing the spread that @district_school could have by itself. Schools could truly be the model in the use of social media but instead we’re caught up in thinking of reason to not implement new technologies.
Education Related FeedMy Tweets
- Significant cut to Medicaid, cutting funds for our most vulnerable students. ow.ly/V04t30cOIzD 18 hours ago
- Hearing from Librarian Mike Shea about @PasadenaPublicLibrary San Rafael https://t.co/Aifj0NV1wo 1 day ago
- RT @TheIslamicUmmah: #Fajr is a blessed time, when the believers are not asleep dreaming of success, but awake seeking success #HayaAlaFalah 1 day ago
- RT @TheIslamicUmmah: Allah is Sufficient for us, and He is the Best Disposer of affairs 1 day ago
- RT @LAPublicLibrary: According to new Pew Research Center survey data, millennials are the most likely generation to use public libraries:h… 1 day ago