The use of social media in schools should be greatly expanded. I know there are privacy issues because students are involved but those can be addressed. For example, I would love if every school had their own twitter account that was an extension of the school districts’ twitter account. For example, @District and @District_School. Whenever one tweeted the others would retweet. The sharing of information would be exponential! Imagine an @district tweet about upcoming open house dates which all the @District_School accounts would retweet. It would instantly increase the breadth and depth of the message. And if @District_School could advocate for parents of the school to follow, then the message goes even deeper into the community which is part of what we want between schools and the community. The relationship would also work in the other direction. For example, let’s say @district_school was having a local production of a play. @district_school could tweet it and @District would retweet; increasing the spread that @district_school could have by itself. Schools could truly be the model in the use of social media but instead we’re caught up in thinking of reason to not implement new technologies.
Education Related FeedMy Tweets
- RT @amyklobuchar: Being able to afford the prescription drugs you need to stay alive is not a luxury. It’s a necessity. 6 hours ago
- RT @zacnaoum: Your D12s getting packed up after an entire session never using them #dnd https://t.co/99RUZShoTe 2 days ago
- RT @IlhanMN: My heart is with the students of Oxford High School and the people of Michigan. We have to create a country where our kids c… 2 days ago
- RT @emma_collis: The real #dnd prep is cleaning your house so your players don't know you live like this 😆 2 days ago
- RT @DefaultCredent1: @2xproficiency My girlfriend said to me on a day I had to work “Don’t worry about getting Fizban’s treasury of dragons… 5 days ago