The use of social media in schools should be greatly expanded. I know there are privacy issues because students are involved but those can be addressed. For example, I would love if every school had their own twitter account that was an extension of the school districts’ twitter account. For example, @District and @District_School. Whenever one tweeted the others would retweet. The sharing of information would be exponential! Imagine an @district tweet about upcoming open house dates which all the @District_School accounts would retweet. It would instantly increase the breadth and depth of the message. And if @District_School could advocate for parents of the school to follow, then the message goes even deeper into the community which is part of what we want between schools and the community. The relationship would also work in the other direction. For example, let’s say @district_school was having a local production of a play. @district_school could tweet it and @District would retweet; increasing the spread that @district_school could have by itself. Schools could truly be the model in the use of social media but instead we’re caught up in thinking of reason to not implement new technologies.
Education Related FeedMy Tweets
- RT @PresenteOrg: MUST READ: Before (or after) watching #BlackPanther. We want FREEDOM! https://t.co/sEk2QS7Nn8 1 day ago
- RT @SocialNPasadena: Marshall PTSA Fundraiser at California Pizza Kitchen dld.bz/gC2DX 1 day ago
- #ff : mssusanshih “Technology will never replace great teachers, but technology in the hands of a great teacher can… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- You can almost see clear down to the ocean from DTLA. @ Los Angeles, California instagram.com/p/BfQ5UCkAptn/ 1 day ago
- RT @SirineShebaya: "[W]e conclude that the Proclamation is unconstitutionally tainted with animus towards Islam."… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago