January/February 2012 Leadership has some great web resources for administrators. Some of which I use and recommend:
- Facebook: I post work related items on a group page.
- Twitter: to update myself and others on relevant educational info
- Hightail (was Yousendit): You will always need way to send a large file.
- Slideshare: One way to share a presentation you worked hard on that others might appreciate after your done with it.
- Livebinders: My newest find. A little clunky but is working well.
- Dropbox: Been using it for years. A great way to keep files and to share with others.
- Evernote: Not as handy as it would seem but I do use it occasionally. Mostly, it seems when I’m out in the field and need to take a quick picture with a note attached.
- RSS: Use this in hootsuite as an easy way to stay up to date with webpages with an RSS feed.
- Tripit (I’m not sure how “administrator” specific it is but I use it when I travel.)
Some resources I haven’t tried but looking forward to trying them based on the article:
What do you use?