Chectman and Yaman provide evidence that focusing on social emotional learning in the classroom has positive benefits on childrens behavior, motivation, and content knowledge. Using literature teachers explored moral and ethical values with students. Part of the success of the social emotional learning using literature is that it requires students to be able to a) understand on an informational level what is happening in the literature, and b) conceptualize the issues at play so that they can c) process the ethical issues to be analyzed and (re)synthasized.
Education Related FeedMy Tweets
- @RBReich History will look back and shake it's head at the systemic racism. 19 hours ago
- RT @RBReich: So let me get this straight: Black Lives Matter protesters are tear gassed for protesting the murder of George Floyd, but MAGA… 19 hours ago
- @kingphish1977 @Hoosiers1986 @JoeBiden @Twitter He's not lying because he can actually cite Trump advocating this... 19 hours ago
- RT @JoeBiden: We’re in the middle of a global pandemic — and not only is Donald Trump preventing people from getting the health insurance t… 19 hours ago
- RT @islamicfreedom: Just because you can’t be perfect, doesn’t mean you shouldn’t try to be better. Better is possible. 19 hours ago