Chectman and Yaman provide evidence that focusing on social emotional learning in the classroom has positive benefits on childrens behavior, motivation, and content knowledge. Using literature teachers explored moral and ethical values with students. Part of the success of the social emotional learning using literature is that it requires students to be able to a) understand on an informational level what is happening in the literature, and b) conceptualize the issues at play so that they can c) process the ethical issues to be analyzed and (re)synthasized.
Education Related FeedMy Tweets
- Lisha called and said she wants Chinese for dinner! Good thing I love Chinese food! (@ Yang Chow) on #Yelp yelp.com/biz/yang-chow-… 3 days ago
- Who's in Jersey? ow.ly/8wh730ma9UE 1 week ago
- MT @mrfrankish: 11m2 @MagnaCartaSch were working hard today, using the #library in preparation for their end of top… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago
- RT @Taniaraffaele16: Our elementary class were so happy and excited when they got to visit the library 📚 and the ic… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago
- RT @SPElemLibrary: #October is a great time to share a scary story with a friend. Ss said scariest line was "And wh… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago