I’m a fan for the use of technology. For those of you who know me and/or follow my twitter feed, @DrVicGonzalez, this comes as no surprise. However, I don’t consider myself a “technovangalist” because I do not believe that technology in the classroom is the salvation of public education. I firmly believe in the use of technology where it can be leveraged increase student learning. In, Public Online Charter School Students, the authors provide some additional insights regarding the effectiveness of online classes for students. Also, not surprisingly, students who do not do well in a “traditional” setting are not necessarily more likely to fare any better in an online environment. Students who struggle tend to struggle in class and online. Students still require additional supports for success in either environment. One area that an online course may have an advantage is supporting the monitoring of students by parents. Automated updates to parents were seen as a key factor in why parents selected an online school for their respective child. I am currently working on an online pilot which emphasizes those “other supports” to be provided by a “case manager”. We hope to see increased student success with those additional support provided. Stay tuned!
Education Related FeedMy Tweets
- The Court Challenge Begins: Is Trump Taking Unconstitutional Emoluments? : NPR ow.ly/SlYP30fWMPv 3 hours ago
- @SupJaniceHahn @CountyofLA Woof! https://t.co/5tVR9rSMPE 4 hours ago
- RT @KTLA: Super PAC called "A Progressive California" emerges to back @kdeleon's challenge to @SenFeinstein on.ktla.com/YkljB 1 day ago
- MT @Refugees: 500k+ Rohingya refugees crossed into Bangladesh in less than 5 weeks; camps are under immense pressure https://t.co/2cr3MCf2f0 1 day ago
- THE 2018 ONE CITY, ONE STORY SELECTION IS… RISE OF THE ROCKET GIRLS – Public Library ow.ly/CIYT30fUJGV 1 day ago